Saint Patrick’s Cathedral (Roman Catholic)
This twin-spired, imposing cathedral, on an elevated site, was started in 1840, but work was suspended during the Irish Famine of 1845-48. Work recommenced in 1854 when J J McCarthy was appointed architect. It was dedicated for worship in 1873 but the magnificent interior decoration was not completed until early in the 20th century. The cathedral was finally consecrated in 1904.
4 Cathedral Road
Telephone: 028 3752 2802